Sunday, April 13, 2008

Long Overdue

After an overly social weekend out of Brad, he's decided it is past time for him to start putting some of his tales of Houston down on paper.

This city evokes much out of my thought life, so the blog could get a little bumpy at times. I'm sure it will have little impact on the overall scheme of literature, but life is too short and entertaining for me not to share it.

This is more of an introduction post, so I won't throw out too much depth. The last three months has seen me as a harmless defendant in a case for the ages, a skin cancer survivor, and an innocent bystander on the wild ride in Comet land. Only to say... 2008 is shaping up to be a real winner.

My only complex thought comes from a devotional book I am currently reading called Streams in the Desert -- which is quite a fitting name for now. "The secret of knowing God's complete sufficiency is in coming to the end of everything in ourselves and our circumstances. Once we reach this point... we will recognize these things as the necessary conditions for blessings."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're no David Hickel.

erintumlin.blogspot.com said...

heck yes!!!!!!!i knew it would come one day. nice work, houston.

Jackie Magnuson said...

Mr. Hardekopf... I'm glad I came across this blog and I will enjoy hearing the tales from Comet land and life. Some may think they are tall tales... but it's all true.